Due to recent acquisitions, we are not accepting applications at this time
First Steps Publishing is a traditional publisher producing and promoting a variety of genres. Since we work closely with each and every one of our authors, we are very selective with our acquisitions. This selectivity ensures that each project receives the exact amount of time and attention required in order to promote its development effectively.
We prefer original unpublished works; on occasion we consider original works where all rights have reverted back to the author. We accept no responsibility for lost or misplaced submissions.
All MS Submissions must comply to our Submission Guidelines.
FIRST STEPS PUBLISHING, West Wind Press, White Parrot Press. We are looking for well-written books by new authors taking them from raw manuscript to a well marketed and designed masterpieces people want to read. First Steps Publishing is selective in the books we choose to publish, producing only 3-5 titles/year.
AGENTED SUBMISSIONS ONLY FSP SUBMISSION FORM
FIRESIDE PRESS A division of First Steps Publishing, FIRESIDE Press offers writers the benefit of a traditional publisher with more control. As part of the First Steps Publishing family, we help writers publish their message with the quality and professionalism they deserve. Children’s, MG, YA, NA, Adult works from various genres. READ MORE…
FIRESIDE SUBMISSION FORM
Fiction (Adult, NA, YA, MG, Childrens)
- Mystery / Thriller
- Historical Fiction
Other? We may entertain other genres if your query letter convinces us we should publish your book.
Read and follow these Writers Digest guidelines
- Know what we expect in a Query Letter
- An enticing query letter is what will get us to say, “Love your story. Send me the full manuscript.”
- All submissions must be CAREFULLY edited
- We strongly suggest you use an editing program like Grammarly.com(a free program) to check your manuscript
- Double-check all punctuation and spelling
- Only one space after a sentence, not two
- No “head-hopping;” Watch your point of view; make sure you stay in one character’s point of view per section.
- All manuscripts should be complete and fully edited
- Novels should be within 50,000 to 120,000 words in length*
- AGENTS may submit directly to submission (at) firststepspublishing.com or use our online submission form.
- All other inquiries MUST be sent by our online submission form ONLY.
*Longer? Shorter? please indicate your full manuscript length when submitting to us.
To submit a manuscript for consideration, paste the following into our submission form
- A one-page query letter containing your title, genre, market, word count, a brief description about your book, and any pertinent writing credentials
- Know what we expect in a Query Letter An enticing query letter is what will get us to say, “Love your story. Send me the full manuscript.”
- A brief synopsis (no more than 1 page) that describes the plot and tells us how it ends
- The first ten pages, double-spaced, of your manuscript
- Where we can find you on the web (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
We do not guarantee a response to every submission.